Information Technology Service Management Systems
This document specifies requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a service management system (SMS). The requirements specified in this document include the planning, design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services to meet the service requirements and deliver value. It is also useful for the organization or other party performing conformity assessments and also to the provider of training or advice in service management
- A customer seeking services and requiring assurance regarding the quality of those services.
- A customer requiring a consistent approach to the service lifecycle by all its service providers, including those in a supply chain.
- An organization to demonstrate its capability for the planning, design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services.
- An organization to monitor, measure, and review its SMS and the services.
- An organization to improve the planning, design, transition, delivery, and improvement of services through effective implementation and operation of an SMS.