ISO 14001 Certification is an international standard for environmental management, risk assessment, and its performance measurement to protect the environment in response to changing environmental situations.
The requirements are to prove that the organization is taking effective steps to full fill social & environmental responsibilities. It helps organizations to control and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects of organizations created by processes e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency together with compliance with environmental regulations.
- Energy saving
- Waste minimization (waste disposal costs decrease)
- Minimization of penalties for environmental pollution
- A tool for obtaining information needed for planning and objectives establishment
- Risk minimization of environmental accidents
- Enhancement of organization ethics
- Organization image improvement
- Good public relations and good relations with a local government